Course Registration Information
1. Core classes (Math, Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science) will be entered by your teachers.
If you have questions about your recommended Math placement, please speak to your child's math teacher. You can find information about middle school Math pathways, placement waivers, and more by visiting the WCPSS Middle School Math page. (Click Here for the Middle School Math page)
2. All students will register for their electives by following the information listed below.
● Please see the Ligon Magnet website for detailed information about electives and a copy of our course description guide (Click here for the Course Description Guide)
● Students must select 20 primary choices and rank them in order 1 through 20 (1 being their top choice). **Use THIS FORM ** to help you make your choices. This does not guarantee you will receive your top choices, but it will give your school more information about what you’d really like within the choices you made in Powerschool.
● Be sure to select electives from a variety of categories as this will ensure you get more of the classes you select. What you select in PowerSchools should match the google form submitted to Ligon. Please remember you are registering for electives for the full year. Instructions on registering in PowerSchools can be found here: Click Here for PowerSchool instructions.
● Students are registering online through PowerSchools (either at home or in elementary schools) AND in the google form which is linked here: https://forms.gle/KFQiwNxkUBandtRC9
3. Important things to note:
● Electives are categorized by Core electives, Art electives (performing and visual), PE electives, CTE electives, World Languages electives and General electives.
● Classes can be quarter-long, semester-long or year-long.
● 6th Grade students are only able to sign up for World Language 1A.
● Health/PE is not required. This is an optional elective for students.
● You may sign up for more than one level of a course (ex. Drawing I and Drawing II). You may not take a level II course until you have taken the level I course.
4. Electives that require an application or audition are listed below.
Please click the link for your desired elective, read the information, and complete the audition form/application. The teacher will be in touch with more information.
- 6th Grade Arts Interest Form: Click here if you are interested in taking arts classes as a 6th grader.
- Band - Click here for Band audition information
- Chorus - Click here for Chorus audition information. Click here for the Chorus Audition Placement Form.
- Dance - Click here for the Dance Audition Placement Form
- Theatre - Click here for Theatre Audition Information
- Visual Art - Click here for the Visual Art application
- Orchestra - Click here for the Orchestra audition form
- MSEN - Click here for the interest form
- Odyssey of the Mind - Click here for the interest form
- Science Olympiad - Click here for the interest form
- Student Council - Click here for the interest form
- Video Production III (Ligon News) - Click here for the interest form
- Yearbook - Click here for the interest form
- Battle of the Books - Click here for the interest form
- Math Counts - Click here for the interest form
- Future Cities - Click here for the interest form