Our Mission Statement: Green Hope High School will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
A Short History of Green Hope High School
The original Green Hope School, less than a mile down the road from the present Green Hope High School, was a small rural school established in 1927. The school was home to 200 students in grades one through twelve, and was the first accredited rural high school in Wake County. The school unfortunately burned in 1963 and was not rebuilt.
Many years passed, and the population exploded. When Wake County Public Schools built and opened the new (and much larger) Green Hope High in August 1999, its very name was the result of lobbying by Green Hope School alumni who still lived in the area. The school colors (burgundy and green) are the same as those of the former school.
The “new” Green Hope High School has a current enrollment of over 2700 students. After only ten years as a Wake County high school, we earned the North Carolina Honor School of Excellence designation, an honor that only a few high schools in North Carolina have achieved. We are one of the highest performing high schools in North Carolina and our students continue to do well academically.