Academy of Visual and Performing Arts
Imagination and creation for the next generation
In the fall of the 2016-17 school year, our school was given a new magnet theme. We are now East Millbrook Magnet Middle Academy of the Visual and Performing Arts.
Students attending East Millbrook will experience:
- Extensive, enhanced arts offerings every day. Multiple ourse offerings in 2D and 3D Visual Arts, Band, Orchestra, Chorus, Theatre, Dance, and Piano.
- Opportunity for multiple levels of proficiency in the Arts Academy.
- Community performance opportunities
- Guild Electives which offer our most advanced artists a double period of arts study everyday!
- Guest Artists performing on our campus and providing master class opportunities and or residencies for students.
- Learning through the arts: Arts integrated lessons in core classes with the support of a full time arts integration specialist. The only one of her kind in WCPSS.
Learning environment will inspire creativity
- Collaborative partnerships with local artists and performing arts organizations
- Flexible learning spaces which support student collaboration and artistic design
- School-wide showcase of student artwork
- Arts integrated lessons which connect creative experiences to core learning increasing student engagement and academic rigor
Click here to watch our Arts Academy video.
Click to discover the rich artistic opportunities available through our Magnet program here at East Millbrook Academy of Visual and Performing Arts.