NC Teaching Fellows: Deadline- 01/16/18Posted by Stacy Davidson at 12/7/2017
Join the North Carolina Teaching Fellows Program and receive up to $8,250 per year in forgivable loans to teach science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) or special education.
Who is eligible to apply?
New applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a Teaching Fellows award:
- Be enrolled or accepted to an approved educator preparation program leading to teaching licensure at one of 5 Teaching Fellows partner institutions of higher education: Meredith College, UNC-Charlotte, Elon University, UNC-Chapel Hill, NC State University.
- Be one of the following:
- A North Carolina high school senior
- A student applying to transfer to an educator preparation program at one of the 5 Teaching Fellows partner institutions
- A student already enrolled at one of the 5 Teaching Fellows partner institutions who transitions into an educator preparation program
- An individual with a bachelor’s degree pursuing preparation for teacher licensure at one of the 5 Teaching Fellows partner institutions
- Minimum Academic Requirements:
- High school applicants or applicants with fewer than 24 hours of college credit must have a minimum unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 and have scored at least a 24 on the ACT or a 1,100 on the SAT.
- Applicants with more than 24 hours of college credit must have a minimum of a 2.7 cumulative GPA.
- Be willing to teach in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) or special education licensure area in a North Carolina public school, traditional or charter.
For more information and application, visit: https://ncteachingfellows.com/
National Beta Scholarship Program: Deadline 01/25/18Posted by Stacy Davidson at 11/27/2017
The National Beta Club Scholarship Program offers over $300,000 in scholarships to outstanding Beta members in their senior year. Over 250 scholarships are awarded each year, ranging in value from $1,000 to $15,000.
Only graduating Beta members registered with headquarters are eligible to apply.
A step-by-step guide to applying for National Beta Scholarships can be found at betaclub.org/scholarship.
Deadline: January 25, 2018
National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Scholarship: Deadline 01/31/18Posted by Stacy Davidson at 11/20/2017
The Rand's Mill Chapter of the NSDAR, located in Garner, NC, is pleased to announce that our 2018 college scholarship for eligible Wake County students is open for applications. The amount of the scholarship is a one-time award of $300, payable to the school of applicant's choice upon proof of enrollment and available up to one calendar year. Applicant must be a documented descendent of a Revolutionary soldier, sailor, or patriot as defined by the National Society (see link below). Application deadline: 01/31/17
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program- Deadline: 01/04/18Posted by Stacy Davidson at 11/17/2017
Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education. Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate study and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board. In addition, Scholars are invited to participate in a special awards program and receive ongoing leadership-development support.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- demonstrate at school, at the workplace, and within the community the attributes of leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship;
- demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
- be citizens of the United States of America;
- be current high school seniors attending high school in the United States (students living on U.S. Armed Forces base and homeschooled students are also eligible); and
- plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
Deadline: January 4, 2018
Christ Saves Hearts Scholarship- Deadline:12/20/17Posted by Stacy Davidson at 11/17/2017
The Christ Saves Hearts Scholarship Program was established in 2016 to provide college scholarships to graduating NC Triangle high school seniors who have been directly affected by heart disease. The scholarships available are non-renewable awards of (one) $1,000 scholarship and (two) $500 scholarships. These scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, room and board, and other college expenses.
Garner Woman's Club Sallie Southall Cotten Scholarship: Deadline - 12/20/17Posted by Stacy Davidson at 11/13/2017
The Sallie Southall Cotton Scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding senior. The scholarship will be awarded based on the candidate's character, scholastic records, evidence of intellectual promise, demonstration of ambition, leadership ability, and the need for financial assistance. Click the application link below for eligibility and required components.
1. Applicant must be a resident of Garner, North Carolina and must be a member of a senior class in an accredited North Carolina high school.
2. Applicant must use the official application form.
3. The scholarship is to be used at a four-year college or university in the state of North Carolina.
APPLCIATION DEADLINE 12/20/17.
Aspiring Professionals Scholarships: Deadline 06/01/18Posted by Stacy Davidson at 10/30/2017Aspiring Professionals Scholarships1. The first scholarship is the Animation Career Review "Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing an animation related degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit AnimationCareerReview.com to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the seventh year we have offered this scholarship.2. The second scholarship is the Fashion Schools "Aspiring Fashion Professional" Scholarship. This $1000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing a fashion degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit Fashion-Schools.org to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the fifth year we have offered this scholarship.
3. The third scholarship is the Online MBA Report "Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit OnlineMBAReport.com to find eligibility information along with an online application. This is the third year we have offered this scholarship.
The deadline for all three scholarships is June 1, 2018.
Florence Kidder Memorial Scholarship: Deadline: 02/04/18Posted by Stacy Davidson at 10/30/2017
The Florence Kidder Memorial Scholarship (FKMS) honors the memory of the first president of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America in the State of North Carolina, Florence Hill Kidder. $3,000 is awarded annually to a high school senior who plans to attend a college or university in North Carolina. The runner-up receives $1,000. The scholarship is not renewable and is awarded every year to a different applicant.
Requirements for Scholarship Application
Students desiring to be considered for a Florence Kidder Memorial Scholarship must have the following materials completed and submitted by 11:59pm February 4, 2018.
- A completed application form answering all questions.
- A separate listing of extracurricular activities, honors, community work and work experience.
- A current photograph.
- An unofficial transcript of grades, including first semester senior courses if possible and current GPA.
- A letter of recommendation from one of the student’s teachers in pdf format.
- Original essay of 500 to 700 words on a specific topic
B. Davis Scholarship: Deadline: 05/22/18Posted by Stacy Davidson at 10/13/2017
The creators of the “Student Award Search Aid” website are offering a $1000 scholarship for 2018.
Please visit our website at http://www.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm to read about us and to apply for our scholarship. While you’re there, please browse through the rest of the site to learn more about applying for scholarships. Our website was developed solely for the purpose of helping students locate and apply for scholarships. We are trying to improve the students’ chances for success. The site is free and we charge nothing for the information or the application.
The deadline for applications is May 22, 2018.
This Scholarship is available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any post secondary institution.
- There is no age restriction
- Be sure to include your name and the school you are attending this year and next
- This is not an academic scholarship but we would like to know where you are going to school now and what your future academic plans are.
Please do not send transcripts or letters of recommendation at this time.
To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay of less than 1000 words on the topic below:
Your submissions must be sent to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Describe the three characteristics of leadership you value most. Discuss why you believe that these traits are so important and how you feel that they are developed in an individual.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
NCHSAA Endowed Fund (Athletic) Scholarships: Deadline- VariesPosted by Stacy Davidson at 9/19/2017
The North Carolina High School Athletic Association Endowed Fund offers scholarships to eligible student-athletes.
To apply, visit the NCHSAA Endowed Fund by the deadlines listed below.
Applicant must be a member of a cheerleading squad registered for and participating in the NCHSAA Cheerleading Invitational event that year.
To recognize and reward outstanding cheerleaders exemplifying sound character and academic standing, good sportsmanship, and school spirit by providing financial assistance in furthering his or her college/university education. Four (4) $500 scholarships will be awarded during the NCHSAA Cheerleading Invitational with one given to a cheerleader per NCHSAA classification (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A).
Deadline: Nov 17, 2017
Charlie Adams Endowed Scholarship
Awarded to one senior male high school athlete participating on the varsity wrestling team at a North Carolina High School Athletic Association member high school and one senior female high school athlete participating on the varsity cross-country team at a North Carolina High School Athletic Association member high school.
Deadline: Feb 16, 2018
Jerry McGee Endowed Student Scholarship
Awarded to two senior year high school student-athletes from North Carolina High School Athletic Association member schools each year. This award is unique because it honors both male and female student-athletes who have distinguished themselves by overcoming adversity and returned to excel beyond expectations in their scholastic athletic sport(s).
Deadline: Feb 16, 2018
NCHSAA Lacrosse Scholarship
Scholarship support for one male and one female senior from NCHSAA member high schools, planning to attend a college or university.
College/university may be located in any of the 50 United States. One male and one female recipient will receive a $500.00 scholarship.
Deadline: April 20, 2018
Pat Gainey Student Award
To provide scholarship support for two student-athletes with a focus on need-based applicants. Applicants must be either a Senior, Male high school athlete participating on a varsity baseball team at a North Carolina High School Athletic Association member high school within a county of limited financial resources or a Senior, Female student high school athlete participating on a varsity sports team at a North Carolina High School Athletic Association member high school within a county of limited financial resources.
Deadline: Feb 16, 2018
Tony Cullen Memorial Scholarship
To provide scholarship support for one senior male high school student athlete participating on the varsity level lacrosse team at a North Carolina High School Athletic Association member high school, planning to attend a college or university in pursuit of higher education.
Deadline: April 20, 2018
Wilburn Clary Medal Award
Awarded to one male and one female graduating senior student-athlete participating on a sanctioned varsity sport team during his/her senior year at a North Carolina High School Athletic Association member school. Athlete must have participated on at least two sanctioned varsity sports during his/her high school career.
Deadline: Feb 16, 2018
Willie Bradshaw Memorial Endowed Scholarship
To provide scholarship support to an outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Native* and/or Asian Pacific Islander American**, or Hispanic American student-athlete participating on a sanctioned varsity team at a North Carolina High School Athletic Association member school. Award Process: One male and one female from each of the eight regions will be selected to receive a $750 scholarship each to further their education. From the pool of sixteen (16) regional winners, one male and female will be selected as overall state winners and receive an additional $1,000 each.
Deadline: Feb 16, 2018