The Career-related Programme: preparing students to follow their chosen pathways in life
Students in the eleventh and twelfth grades may select to participate in the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme. Beyond intellectual rigor, strong emphasis is placed on the ideals of international understanding, responsible citizenship and service.
The IB Career-related Programme (CP) is designed for students interested in pursuing a career-related education in the final two years of secondary school. It provides them with an excellent foundation to support their further studies, as well as ensure their preparedness for success in the workforce.
Suggested course preparation for students entering the Career-related programme in 2019 or 2020 are as follows:
The IB Career-related Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- follow their chosen education and career pathways in life
- combine academic subjects with their personal and professional interests and skills
- engage in learning that makes a positive difference to their community
- think critically and creatively
- communicate clearly and effectively in a variety of situations
- effectively work independently and in collaboration with others
- consider new perspectives and other points of view
- develop greater self-confidence and self-awareness
- demonstrate high levels of resilience, flexibility and agility of mind
- be internationally-minded and globally aware
- apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and situations.