The mission at Centennial Campus Middle School is to provide an exemplary learning center that encourages students and staff to actively discover, integrate, and apply knowledge in a dynamic global and technological environment. The school involves a population of students, teachers and parents who frequently engage with faculty, students and the facilities of North Carolina State University’s 10 colleges, as well as its corporate and governmental partners on Centennial Campus, to extend and enhance instructional activities.
Through a curriculum delivery system that integrates skills and concepts of various disciplines, our students explore adolescent concerns and real-world issues. The instructional program at CCMMS incorporates many of the characteristics of the most effective middle schools:
- a student-centered environment
- a structured, orderly environment for learning
- interdisciplinary teams of teachers with flexible scheduling.
- diverse, age-appropriate instruction that appeals to the exploratory nature of middle school students
- emphasis on the mastery of basic communication and mathematics skills
- connection between school, home, and community
- success experiences for all students
- follows a modified calendar