What Are The Four C's?
Vision 2020 – the WCPSS strategic plan – focuses language around students acquiring and utilizing the four Cs: communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and creativity. The four Cs are included in the district’s mission statement Here's how the 4C's breakdown:
- Listens, comprehends, critiques, and communicates effectively by adapting to diverse audiences, tasks, purposes, and disciplines
- Uses multiple media to demonstrate thinking and justify reasoning
- Identifies inquiry questions related to the task clearly and precisely
- Analyzes and evaluates information, evidence, arguments, claims, and beliefs
- Synthesizes information and makes connections between information and arguments
- Works effectively in teams by sharing ideas, sharing responsibilities, and considering multiple perspectives in order to achieve goals
- Demonstrates innovative problem solving by designing unique ideas, solutions, and products, and adapting as necessary
- Takes intellectual risks, overcoming challenges and failures within the learning experience
We strive to incorporate the 4C's into our teaching at Aversboro every day. The following sections will highlight recent initiatives at our school that align themselves with the 4C's.