Ready to Learn Centers- Services are available virtually on a limited basis.
Facts about the Ready to Learn Centers:
This program is available for young children 18 months through age 5 (before they are Kindergarten eligible) and their parents/caregivers who are residents of Wake County.
RTL centers are located in elementary schools throughout Wake County and provide weekly parent-child interactive sessions. Sessions may include:
- Parent-Toddler Activities
- Parent-Child Developmental Play Groups
- “Getting Ready for Kindergarten” Activities
- Developmental Screenings
- Parent Education
- Referrals to Community Programs & Agencies
The program provides an opportunity for parents/caregivers to interact with their children in activities that are planned and initiated by a Ready to Learn Facilitator. Activities are designed to promote healthy development across all developmental areas including social skills, language skills, motor skills, and conceptional knowledge. A further purpose is to increase the capacity of families to serve as the primary nurturers, teachers, and advocates thus ensuring their child's future school success. Parents learn strategies that they can use to continue to promote learning and development in a fun and engaging manner with their children at home.
If you are interested in attending a Ready to Learn Center in 2020-2021, complete the Enrollment Interest Form in English here or complete the Enrollment Interest Form (Formulario de interés de inscripción para Listos Para Aprender) in Spanish here. Ready to Learn Center services are temporarily on hold. A staff member will contact you when services resume.
• For general information about Ready to Learn programs, contact Bonnie Dileone 919-856-7774 x 26996 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Para información en Español/SPANISH INFORMATION LINE: 919-856-7960 x 26615 Email- email@example.com