Ready to Learn
Ready to Learn Centers offer FREE parent/adult-child interactive/early learning classes for young children 18 months through age 5 (before they are Kindergarten eligible) and their families who are residents of Wake County. Classes include fun, engaging, hands-on activities to assist families in promoting the healthy development and educational success of their children.
The program allows parents/caregivers to interact with their children in activities planned and initiated by a Ready to Learn Facilitator. Activities are designed to promote healthy development across all developmental areas, including social skills, language skills, motor skills, and conceptual knowledge. A further purpose is to increase the capacity of families to serve as the primary nurturers, teachers, and advocates, thus ensuring their child's future school success. Parents learn strategies that they can use to continue to promote learning and development in a fun and engaging manner with their children at home.
Services may include:
- Parent-Child Activities
- Play Groups for Parents and Children Together
- “Getting Ready for Kindergarten” Activities
- Developmental Screenings
- Parent Education
- Referrals to Community Programs & Agencies
In-person services are available at:
- Briarcliff Elementary, 1220 Pond Street, Cary
- Bugg Elementary, 825 Cooper Road, Raleigh
- Millbrook Elementary School, 1520 E. Millbrook Road, Raleigh
- Vandora Springs, 1300 Vandora Springs Road, Garner
- Washington Elementary, 1000 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh
If you have questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com or call Elizabeth Grannis at 919-250-4750 x26047.
Para información en español o necesita información adicional, por favor envíe un correo electrónico firstname.lastname@example.org o llame Carolina Harbertson 919-856-7960 x26615