Frequently Asked Questions

  • Teacher/Parent Consultations

    How do we access consultation? 
    A preschool teacher can call Project Enlightenment and ask for a request for consultation form.  Both the parent and teacher sign and complete the form and return it to Project Enlightenment.  A consultant will contact the school to plan an observation.

    A request for consultation may be initiated for a child in Kindergarten by the School Intervention Team Facilitator and with the Principals and parents written consent

    Parent Services

    What parent workshops do you offer?
    Each year different parent workshops are available on a variety of topics relating to children. Please refer to the Workshops Section of this website under Parent Resources. The current brochure is available under the Parents section of this website.

    Do parent workshops have a fee?
    There is a small fee for parent workshops. However, we do not want the fee to keep a Wake County parent from attending. Please see the Workshop section of the website or the parent education workshop brochure for fee information.

    Can I bring my child to a parent workshop? Do you offer babysitting?
    Our parent workshops are geared towards adult education. Unfortunately we do not have child care available at Project Enlightenment so please make other arrangements for your children.

    I was told I had to take a parenting course. Can you give me a certificate for attending the course?
    Certificates of attendance are available. The instructor must know ahead of time that you need this document. Please call our office at 856-7774, ext. 27025 to speak with the registrar.

    General Workshop Questions

    Can I pay for a workshop by credit or debit card when I register?
    Yes, you can pay by credit card with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card online only. However, we do not have the capability to process a credit card for an "in person" transaction. If you prefer you can write a check and mail it to us. Your registration form and payment reserve your space in a workshop(s). 


    How Do I apply for the Demonstration Preschool at Project Enlightenment?

    What is the process?
    You may call Project Enlightenment at 919-856-7774. Applications for the program for four-year olds are accepted in January to enroll for the following year. Children must be four-years-old by August 31st of the year applying. See the information for the Demonstration Classrooms under the Children and Parent tabs located on the home page. 

    Applications for the full day, Title I/NC Pre-K program are available as a part of the universal application that is available in January of each year.  The Wake County Public School System Title I office handles registration and will notify applicants of acceptance.