Where reading, research, and technology merge for lifelong learning.
Our North Wake Library Media Center is a place for:
- CONNECTIONS. All are welcome.
- TECHNOLOGY. Library Media Specialist Mrs. Hitchings is a resource for tech questions. Laptops and a printer are available to students to use in the Library Media Center.
- RESEARCH. Resources for classes and individual students to explore topics, careers, and college skills. Knowledge needed to critically examine information sources. Can’t find what you need? Ask Mrs. Hitchings!
- READING. Extensive collection of graphic novels, fiction, and nonfiction. Need suggestions? Ask Mrs. Hitchings! Reading regularly helps every person continuously improve their literacy skills! Studies have shown that this results in high scores on tests such as the ACT and SAT.
- COLLABORATION. Space to work together.
- COMMUNICATION. Small groups can gather. Presentation space for large groups.
- CREATIVITY. Students create displays, project work, or brainstorm ideas.
- STUDY. Designated as the school’s quiet study area during Griffin’s Den and lunch.
We have over 12,000 print books available to our students and staff. In addition to print resource in our library media center, we have digital resources available 24/7 to our students and staff. These include factual, nonfiction resources and fiction stories.
Meets on club days. New members welcome!
Resources at North Wake Library Media Center
Electronic Resources at North Wake Library Media Center
Fiction, nonfiction ebooks, and digital audiobooks are available to NWCCA staff and students 24/7.
You can use a laptop, phone, iPad, or any other device to access these electronic books.
Access NWCCA ebooks and audiobooks:
- On a laptop, go to website destiny.wcpss.net and click on North Wake College and Career Academy
- Log In (see below)
- From a tablet or phone, use the FREE app Destiny Discover
STUDENTS LOGIN INFORMATION:
Username: Wake County email i.d.
Password: student i.d./lunch number
Research Online Databases & Copyright Info
If you just need to cite a few sources, add on EasyBib to any Google Doc:
In Google Drive:
- Open up a New Google Document
- Click on Add-Ons>Get Add-Ons
- Add “Easy Bib” for free
- Click on “Allow” button
- Click on “Add-On>Easy Bib Bibliography Creator>Manage Bibliography”
- Copy and Paste weblinks into Website tab, and hit the “Search” button.
- Click “Select”
- Repeat this process for each citation
- Click on “Add Bibliography To Doc”
(Document is saved in Google Drive, you can print it off, or you can copy and paste link into Canvas!)
Citation Machine - free website for creating citations
Open to all students before school and during lunch.
Library Media Specialist - Donna Hitchings
Email - email@example.com
Phone - (919) 694-8650 ext.29133