Where reading, research, and technology merge for lifelong learning.
Our North Wake Library Media Center is a place for:
- CONNECTIONS. All are welcome.
- TECHNOLOGY. Library Media Specialist, Mrs. Hitchings, is a resource for tech questions. Laptops and a printer are available to students to use in the Library Media Center.
- RESEARCH. Resources for classes and individual students to explore topics, careers, and college skills. Gain knowledge needed to critically examine information sources. Can’t find what you need? Ask Mrs. Hitchings!
- READING. Extensive collection of graphic novels, fiction, and nonfiction. Need suggestions? Ask Mrs. Hitchings! Reading regularly helps every person continuously improve their literacy skills! Studies have shown that this results in higher scores on tests such as the ACT and SAT.
- COLLABORATION. Space to work together.
- COMMUNICATION. Small groups can gather. Presentation space for large groups.
- CREATIVITY. Students create displays, project work, or brainstorm ideas.
- STUDY. Designated as the school’s quiet study area during Griffin’s Den and lunches.
We have over 13,000 print books available to our students and staff. In addition to print resource in our North Wake Library Media Center, we have over 1,300 digital resources (ebooks and digital audiobooks) available 24/7 to our North Wake students and staff. These include factual, nonfiction resources and fiction books. These sources are in addition to the ones available via NCWiseOwl from the State of North Carolina.
Electronic Resources at North Wake Library Media Center
Fiction, nonfiction ebooks, and digital audiobooks are available to NWCCA staff and students 24/7.
You can use a laptop, phone, iPad, or any other device to access these electronic books.
Access NWCCA ebooks and audiobooks:
- On a laptop, go to website destinydiscover.com, select North Carolina and type North Wake College and Career Academy
- Log In (see below)
- From a tablet or phone, use the FREE app Destiny Discover
STUDENTS LOGIN INFORMATION:
Username: Wake County email i.d.
Password: student i.d./lunch number
STAFF LOGIN INFORMATION:
Username: 518+email id
Password: 518+6digit employee number
Meets in the library on club days. New members welcome!
President: Marissa Toledo
Vice President: Esther Kim
Our first book exchange was a success! We welcomed visitors and had a lot of fun. Everyone got a new gently used book to take home.
Open to all students before school and during lunch.
Library Media Specialist - Donna Hitchings
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
North Wake Library Phone - (919) 694-8650 ext.29133