The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
School Improvement Team Membership
- Pam Smith, Kindergarten Teacher
- Karen Whelan, 1st Grade Teacher
- Allison Pettersen, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Maha Das, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Lisa Goeders, 4th Grade Teacher
- Diane Hunter, 5th Grade Teacher
- Basha Beach, Special Education Teacher
- Fran Seitzinger, Instructional Assistant
- Renee Vaughn, School Library Media Coordinator
- Joe Nixon, Principal
- Will Lamb, Assistant Principal
- Lorrie Sardiello, IRT
- Lizzie Casey, Literacy Coach/AIG
- Nikki Birkenstock, Counselor
- Faith Dearman, School Psychologist
- Jill Herbst, Special Assistant to the Western Area Superintendent
School Improvement Team members voted on and approved Oct 2021.
School Improvement Meeting Dates
All school improvement meetings will be held in the NES media center.
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 7:45am
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 7:45am
- Monday, November 22, 2021 at 7:45am (Quarterly Review)
- Thursday, December 16, 2021at 7:45am
- Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 7:45am (Quarterly Review)
- Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 7:45am
- Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 7:45am
- Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 7:45am (Quarterly Review)
- Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 7:45am
If you are interested in attending a School Improvement Team meeting, please contact our School Library Media Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 460-3491 ext 26935