Student/Parent Resource Staff
Leesville Elementary School's Counseling and Student Services (CASS)
The Counseling and Student Services (CASS) Department is comprised of two certified counselors, a social worker, a psychologist, and a school nurse.
Amy Downer is our school Counselor. She is here to provide social and emotional support to our staff and students.
Sarah Hamel is our school Psychologist. She is part of our Counseling and Student Services Team.
Peyton Wannall is our school Social Worker, She is here as a resource for our students and parents.
The CASS department at Leesville Elementary School provides support to address the academic, career, and personal/social needs of each student. We work with students, parents, families, teachers, administrators, and service providers to help students learn and achieve academic and personal growth.
Some possible reasons to contact the CASS department at Leesville Elementary School:
- I am looking for community resources that may be able to support my student and/or family.
- I have questions about my student’s transportation, tardies, and/or attendance.
- My student is struggling to make friends in the school environment.
- My student is struggling with inappropriate behaviors in the school environment.
- My student is having nervous/anxious feelings in regards to school.
- My student is struggling with classwork/homework assignments.
- I am looking for information about my student’s transition to middle school.