August 27, 2017Posted by Brian Pittman at 8/27/2017
Hello, Golden Hawks. This is your principal Brian Pittman with some updates for the coming week. We are excited about the start of school on Monday. Please note that all students will report to their 2nd period class first thing on Monday morning to receive their official schedule. This is the schedule they must follow.
I strongly encourage you to review this week's HawkBlast as it includes information on arrival and departure from campus, Open House on September 12, 9th grade officer elections, Junior Senior Night on September 19, and much more.
We hope that everyone has a great first day. Please let us know how we can support you in making it a great school year!
Have a great week and Go Hawks!
August 20, 2017Posted by Brian Pittman at 8/20/2017
Hello, Golden Hawks! This is your principal Brian Pittman with some updates for the upcoming week.
- Meet the Teacher Night is this Tuesday, August 22 from 5-7pm. This event has no formal program and is a "pass through event" where you are free to arrive at any time that is most convenient to you.
- The first day of school is Monday, August 28. We look forward to seeing Hawks in their first class by no later than 7:25am. A number of logistical details about the first day are posted on the school's website.
- Finally, students in grades 9-11 who wish to sign up to take the PSAT at HSHS on October 11 should sign up by no later than September 18.
Details about these events and more are in the week's HawkBlast email and on the school's website. We hope you all have a great last week of summer and look forward to seeing you on Monday, August 28 for another great year!
Have a great week and Go Hawks!
August 6, 2017Posted by Brian Pittman at 8/6/2017
Summer Greetings, Hawks! This is your principal Brian Pittman at Holly Springs High with some updates for you. We are quickly approaching the start of a new school year and are excited to have our students start on Monday, August 28. Here are some details to support that being a great start to the school year.
- Freshman Flight Academy is on Thursday, August 10. There are sessions for both students and parents at this orientation and we hope you will join us. Times for each session are posted online.
- We will offer an orientation session for those new to grades 10-12 on Wednesday, August 16 at 7pm. Parents and students are welcome.
- Please also mark your calendar for our “Meet the Teacher Night” on August 22 from 5-7pm. This is a pass through event where students and parents can meet teachers, walk your schedule, and more.
- Finally, student schedules were released on PowerSchool this past Friday. Please take a look and also take a look at additional information on schedules on the HSHS website.
This and more is available on the HSHS website and in today’s HawkBlast. Also please feel free to contact the front office if you have any questions about the upcoming school year. We are committed to making 2017-18 truly the year of the Hawk!
Enjoy your last few weeks of summer and we look forward to seeing you soon!
July 7, 2017 - Selected SeniorsPosted by Brian Pittman at 7/7/2017
Greetings, Golden Hawks. This is your principal, Brian Pittman, with a quick message. This message is going to selected seniors and their families.
The NC General Assembly requires hands-only CPR training for all students in NC to receive a diploma. Most studnets in Wake County receive this as a part of their 8th grade Healthful Living class. According to our records, you have not yet received this training. We are offerring two dates in July as options for students to meet this requirement during the summer. Please sign up online using the school's website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school's front office or email Assistant Princpal Eric Burleson.
Enjoy your summer, Hawks! We look forward to seeing you back at HSHS soon!
June 4, 2017 - for seniorsPosted by Brian Pittman at 6/4/2017
Greetings Golden Hawk Seniors & Families. Below are a few updates and reminders going into the week of graduation.
- Graduation rehearsal is on Monday, June 5. Seniors must be at the Raleigh Convention Center by 5:30pm. This event is required. Failure to attend without permission from the principal means that the student will not be able to participate in graduation on June 11.
- This week’s HawkBlast includes a number of reminders for graduation includeing:
- All guests need tickets – no exceptions including for small children.
- Several items are prohibited in the RCC including flowers, wrapped gifts, food, drink, etc.
- Students must meet the dress code established for graduation including no decoration on caps and gowns. Students not meeting dress code will not participate.
- Seniors must arrive by 3pm on June 11. We also anticipate that guests will start to be let into the RCC around 3pm.
- Last – a humble request. Every one of the nearly 600 graduates is incredibly special to those who are there to celebrate them. We will be reading about 20-25 names per minute. Cheering and noise making during the calling of names will only serve to have a family following yours not be able to hear their child’s name. Please hold all cheering until the end. It will only take us about 25 minutes to read all names. For all families that do this, we will provide you with a free DVD professional videorecording of graduation. For those who do not, no DVD for you.
We want graduation to be special for each family. Please let us know what we can do for your family.
As this will be our last phone message to the senior families – please know that it has been a great honor to serve as your principal. Thank you, parents, for sharing your most amazing children with me for the last 3 and in some cases 7 years. I look forward to celebrating with you on Sunday.
Have a great week and Go hawks!