Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS)
North Carolina State Recognition for our PBIS Program:2014-2015 PBIS Model School2013-2014 PBIS Exemplar School2011-2012 PBIS Model School2010-2011 PBIS Green Ribbon School2009-2010 PBIS Green Ribbon SchoolClick here to learn about the requirements for state recognition.
Background information about PBIS from the NC Department of Public Instruction:
- The North Carolina Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Initiative is part of the North Carolina State Improvement Program funded through IDEA.
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Programs are a way to impact the learning environments in the schools in order to support high student performance and to reduce behavioral problems.
- Whole School Positive Behavior Intervention and Support is a systematic approach that establishes and reinforces clear behavioral expectations.
- It is a team-based system involving the entire school staff using a systems approach.
- Read more about NC PBIS initiatives here.