Panther Creek High School
AP Exam Registration Information and Deadlines
2023-2024 First Semester
The 2024 AP Exams will be administered in school as paper and pencil exams during the first two weeks of May: May 6 – 10 and May 13 – 17. AP students will log into their CollegeBoard accounts to access AP exam information and materials for their AP courses. Please follow these directions to set up or retrieve your account with CollegeBoard and access AP exam information and course materials for your 1st semester classes. Information regarding 2nd semester classes will be shared at a later date.
Action Items for Students:
- Go to myap.collegeboard.org. If you have already established a CollegeBoard account, make certain that you can log in. If you have forgotten your password, you may call 888-225-5427 or click “Forgot Password.” It is very important for your name on your CollegeBoard account to match your name in PowerSchool.
- AP teachers will provide students with a join code specific to their class and period.
- Follow the prompts in your CollegeBoard account to join courses by November 7, 2023. Students will automatically be registered to take the AP exam for each course they “join.”
- If you do not desire to take the AP exam, please complete this AP opt out by November 7th, 2023. The CollegeBoard unused/canceled exam fee for this school year is $40. Students who do not complete the Google form (above) by November 7th and do not take the AP exam for a 1st semester class will be responsible for paying the $40 fee.
- *Joining a class will allow students access to a set of resources designed to provide them with practice opportunities and feedback throughout the year. Students in AP courses 2nd semester will repeat this process at the beginning of 2nd semester.*
What is the cost for AP exams?
- $0 for students enrolled in the AP course during the 2023-2024 school year.
- $97 for Self-Study students (students not enrolled in the AP course during the 2023-2024 school year).
What are the other fees associated with AP exams?
- Students who do not “join” their 1st semester or year-long AP course by the November 7th deadline may be required to pay a $40 late fee, and in some cases, may not be able to order an AP exam for that course for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Testing Accommodations
- If you need to request testing accommodations, you must contact your case manager. Applications take about 6 – 8 weeks to process.
- Accommodations determined by the school do not apply to CollegeBoard tests. The deadline to apply for accommodations is January 18, 2024. If students have additional questions about CollegeBoard accommodations, please contact Shernita Telfair at firstname.lastname@example.org
AP EXAM ONLY
Students wishing to take an AP exam will have to complete the link for AP Exam only.
This option is for any student that takes a course Independently/or as a self-study student taking an exam for a course in which they aren’t enrolled.
Exam Only AP exams can only be ordered during the first semester; the deadline to apply and pay is November 7, 2023.
AP Exam Schedule (May 2024)
Morning 8 a.m.
Afternoon 12 p.m.
May 6, 2024
United States Government and Politics
May 7, 2024
May 8, 2024
English Literature and Composition
May 9, 2024
May 10, 2024
United States History
Art and Design: Friday, May 10, 2024 (8 p.m. ET), is the deadline for AP Art and Design students to submit their three portfolio components as final in the AP Digital Portfolio.
Morning 8 a.m.
Afternoon 12 p.m.
Afternoon 2 p.m.
May 13, 2024
May 14, 2024
English Language and Composition
Physics C: Mechanics
Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
May 15, 2024
French Language and Culture
Computer Science Principles
If you have questions, please contact your AP teacher or AP Coordinator, Shernita Telfair (email@example.com)