DRIVER ED. UPDATES (as of August 15, 2023)
2023/24 Driver Education 1st semester class and registration information
- Registration for 1st semester classes will open on September 13th Please refer to www.jordandriving.com for more registration updates.
- Classes will be filled on a 1st come basis. Each class will automatically close once 35 students have registered and paid the $65 registration fee
- Registration will be done online at www.jordandriving.com
- In order to register for a class, students must be 14 ½ prior to the 1st day of the class they would like to take.
- Classes will be held after school in the Media Center from 2:30 to 5:30. Attendance is mandatory for all classes for the entire class time. If you cannot attend all class sessions, please do not register for the class.
- Class 1: October 2nd through 16th (no class on Oct. 9th)
- Class 2: November 2nd through 17th (no class on November 7th & 10th)
- Class 3: December 4th through 15th
Registration for 2nd semester classes will open at some point in December or January.
If you have questions, contact Chip Bunn (Panther Creek Driver Education Lead Teacher) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the current time, Behind the Wheel (BTW) will take place at Panther Creek 6 months after the classroom session concludes. Students are scheduled for BTW according to when the class was completed and then by age within each class.
- Once BTW concludes, the driver will issue a Certificate of Completion. Please review it carefully for correct spelling and all other information BEFORE you leave the lesson.
- DMV Eligibility Certificates (DEC) are issued through the student services office and can be picked up by the student or/parent. You will need to show your copy of the certificate of completion referenced above.
- PRIVATE BTW Instruction: will be self-funded and info is available or paperwork can be requested by your driving school from JDS per directions here: In-Out-Transfers
Process for Students to receive a Driver’s Eligibility Certificate:
- Email the following items to Christina Erexson; email: email@example.com
- Email from NCDMV confirming the date/time of the appointment
- Scanned copy of the Completed Driver’s Education Certificate
- Proof of address if the current address is different than the one listed on the Driver’s Education Certificate or the address listed in PowerSchool
- Once we obtain the documents above via email, you will receive an email confirming When you can pick up your driver's eligibility certificate.
- DMV contact Christina Erexson: phone number: 919.463.8656 ext. 25214; email: firstname.lastname@example.org