Driver Education Teacher: Darryl RobinsonOffice Number: 919-463-8656 x25230E-mail Address: email@example.com
Process for Students to receive a Driver’s Eligibility Certificate:
- Email the following items to Christina Erexson; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email from NCDMV confirming the date/time of the appointment
- Scanned copy of the Completed Driver’s Education Certificate
- Proof of address if the current address is different than the one listed on the Driver’s Education Certificate or the address listed in PowerSchool
- Once we obtain the documents above via email, you will receive an email confirming When you can pick up your driver's eligibility certificate.
- DMV contact Christina Erexson: phone number: 919.463.8656 ext. 25215; email: email@example.com
August 11, 2021 Driver Education Update firstname.lastname@example.org
**Registration for fall classroom is not yet active and will not be available until mid-September. Please do not submit or request registration materials.
Fall registration should be available at www.jordandriving.com once decisions have been finalized for return to face-to-face, after-school instruction. Students will be placed in the class based on age. We will begin classroom sessions in Wake County with the November session which will run 2:30-5:30 for 10 days.
- As mentioned previously, BTW will take place from Panther Creek in 6 months after the classroom session concludes. All school year students county-wide must be scheduled for BTW, prior to moving to summer students.
- The Panther Creek drivers are still scheduling February students put on BTW rosters, organized by date of birth.
- With school beginning soon, BTW will be limited to after school and Saturdays again.
- Once BTW concludes, the driver will issue a Certificate of Completion. Please review it carefully for correct spelling and all other information BEFORE you leave the lesson.
- DMV Eligibility Certificates (DEC) are issued through the student services office and can be picked up by the student or/parent. You will need to show your copy of the certificate of completion referenced above.
- PRIVATE BTW Instruction: will be self-funded and info is available or paperwork can be requested by your driving school from JDS per directions here: In-Out-Transfers
Legislative Update DMV: Senate Bill 69 (DMV Licensing Requirements) was signed into law today by Governor Cooper as Session Law 2021-24. The bill reduces from 12 months to six months that time that a person who is at least 16 years old but less than 18 years old must hold a limited learner’s permit before obtaining a limited provisional driver’s license. It applies to applications for licenses submitted on or after 24 May 2021, but expires on 31 December 2021. A copy of SL2021-24 is linked below. Please review to understand any applications that may related to your novice driver.