Parents can request bus transportation online (https://www.wcpss.net/busrider). If you have issues submitting the online form, contact 919-805-3030
Things to note:
- Routes will be posted on soon for Traditional schools
- Premium Services (Alternate Bus Stops for before/after school care, Ineligible (transfers) and Joint Custody) requests can be made after traditional calendar routes are posted
- If you are making a request for an ineligible (transfers) student, please note that it has to be an existing bus stop already established that you are requesting
- If your student was assigned to a route in the morning and not the afternoon, then will you need to request afternoon (the same is true if you have already been assigned for the afternoon and not morning)
- Drivers will check their rosters each day; if a student's name does not appear on the roster, the student will not be allowed to ride the bus
- Students who have made a request and are waiting for approval should have a bus pass from their administrator to let the driver know you they have requested transportation (this bus pass will include the request case number).
- Students are required to be at their assigned stop 10 minutes prior to the anticipated time for bus arrival; plan to allow a window of 10 minutes before and after the time posted for your student's stop.
- The driver will only stop at assigned bus stops on their route.
- If your child is walking more than the board policy and guidelines allow, you should contact 919-805-3030 to submit a request to have the assigned stop reviewed.
- Elementary students can walk 0.30 of a mile, and high school and middle schools can walk 0.50 miles to their assigned stop.
- Students are allowed to get on and off at their assigned bus stops only.
- Students will have assigned seats on their bus.
- If the bus is late or delayed for any reason, please go to the Transportation website for your school (https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1908); information about buses is provided by route number, including how many minutes the bus is delayed. The Transportation Department will notify school in the event a bus is late or delayed.