We maintain a food pantry here at Apex High School to assist our families in times of need. The pantry relies on donations from the community. If you are able, please take a look at the list and donate. Our needs are ongoing as we send backpacks home weekly with students as needed -- sometimes this number reaches 20 bags.
Please keep in mind that the backpacks are average size, so avoid Family-Sized, Giant-Sized, Costco-Sized packages.
Ongoing Needs: (Shelf-stable foods that can be easily transported in a backpack by a student)
- Grocery store gift cards (for our volunteer coordinators to shop)
- Cereal (individual containers preferred -- NOT family or giant sized, please)
- Oatmeal and other breakfast items (Poptarts, breakfast bars, etc)
- Pasta (all kinds, preferably one pound size)
- Pasta Sauce (canned or boxed if possible, NO tomato sauce please)
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Canned Vegetables, Fruits (fruit cups too)
- Canned Meats (Chicken, Tuna)
- Canned Ravioli, Soup
- Individual Snacks (chips, cheez-its, fruit snacks, etc. Consider what your kids munch on!)
- Granola Bars
- Pudding, Jello
- Individual Desserts (cookies, candy, etc. Consider what your kids munch on!
- Shelf stable milk (individual or small boxes), gatorade, capri-suns/small juice bottles
Thank you for contributing!