Dual Enrollment (Wake Tech College and Career Promise)
Wake Tech’s Career and College Promise (CCP) program – often referred to as "Dual Enrollment" – offers eligible high school students the opportunity to earn a credential for employment or credits toward an associates degree. In some cases, students can also earn dual credit – meeting high school credit requirements with college courses.
One Program / Two Pathways
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathway leads to a certificate or diploma aligned with a high school Career Cluster. It is designed for high school students who want to work toward the completion of a credential before graduating from high school. More information...
The College Transfer Pathway is designed for high school juniors and seniors who wish to begin earning college credit towards an Associates Degree in Arts, Associate in Engineering, Associate in Science or Associate in Fine Arts. These are intended for the eventual transfer to a four-year college or university. More information...
Enrolling in CCP
Enrolling in the CCP program is an involved process. Interested students must complete all steps to ensure they are correctly enrolled in WTCC-CCP and receive the correct credit.
- Early in the semester before your planned WTCC enrollment, meet with the CCP Coordinator (Career Development Coordinator) to verify your eligibility, explore the available pathways (CTE and College Transfer), and to understand how Wake Tech courses will impact your high school schedule and possibly count toward high school graduation requirements.
- Watch the Mandatory Information Session.
- The Online Information Session covers eligibility requirements, the application process, pathway options, and course offerings. The Online Information Session is available to view 24/7. Students are encouraged to watch with their parent(s).
- The Online Information Session is available at https://www.waketech.edu/admissions-aid/career-and-college-promise/info-session
- Complete the WCPSS Dual Enrollment Form.
- Work with your counselor to complete this form.
- Obtain required signatures and return to counselor.
- Note: you will need to wait for the Cooperating Institution Official Signature until AFTER you have completed your Wake Tech Registration.
- Complete and submit CCP Application Materials to WTCC.
- Application (hard copy application is required)
- Eligibility Verification (EV) Form - The EV Form link will be located in your CCP Application Form Received confirmation email.
- Copy of your high school transcript (unofficial)
- Unofficial test scores (if applicable)
- Receive confirmation of a complete enrollment packet from Wake Tech.
- You will receive confirmation of your packet receipt once it is processed.
- If you need placement testing, you can test once confirmation is received.
- Incomplete or incorrect packet information will slow down your processing.
- Wait for Enrollment Packet review.
- Once your packet is processed, it must be reviewed by CCP staff to determine admission.
- You cannot be accepted unless all required information is provided, including any necessary test scores.
- Incomplete or incorrect information will slow down the review and delay your admissions decision.
- Allow up to 4 weeks for your application material to be processed and reviewed.
- Register for a full schedule of classes at GMHS while waiting for confirmation of acceptance into WTCC.
- Receive OFFICIAL acceptance letter from WTCC. This will include information about activating your account and registering for Orientation.
- Attend CCP New Student Orientation
- Activate student key and email accounts
- Receive registration information and instructions
- Campus tours, student ID’s and parking decals
- Only new students to CCP attend orientation. Continuing students do not need to attend.
- Return CCP Course Selection Form to be registered for classes.
- This is the only means by which CCP students can register for classes.
- Make sure you have completed the eLearning Intro before attempting to register for an online class.
- Search WebAdvisor as a Future Student for open sections within your pathway. Pay attention to prerequisites for classes.
- You can adjust your schedule after Course Selection Form submission by completing an Add Form to add classes. CCP students must drop themselves from classes they no longer wish to take. Important: Do not drop a WTCC course without prior permission from the GMHS Dean of Students. Dropping a WTCC course may result in a WF (Withdrawn Failure) on your high school transcript and factor in to your high school GPA.
- CCP students can only register for open classes within the pathway(s) to which they have been admitted.
- Be sure that your high school schedule aligns with the courses you select for registration. This means you should have an early release form, dual enrollment form, and print out of your WTCC portal listing what classes you are in turned into your counselor.
- Attend Registration Open-Lab Session or CCP Advising if you need assistance
- Students attending WTCC classes during the school day should sign up for courses that start at 11:00am or later and will need to register for a modified schedule at GMHS. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 classes at GMHS
- Check your student account to confirm your class schedule
- You will be given a date at orientation on which to do this step.
- If you do not see classes listed, please email CCP staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend Open-Lab Session and/or Email CCP for assistance or for schedule adjustments (Then give a copy of the courses you register for to your high school's student services so they can give you credit for the classes, and early release if needed.)
- Obtain Student ID/parking decal
- If you did not do this at orientation or open lab, you can do so any time. You will need a picture ID and your car registration.
- You will need a student ID card even if you are an online student.
- Submit a copy of your WTCC schedule printed from your Wake Tech WebAdvisor account to Student Services
- Work with your counselor (or Dean of Students) to make adjustments if necessary to your GMHS schedule
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4 classes at GMHS.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 classes at GMHS + WTCC to be eligible for GMHS athletics.
- If you register for a Modified Schedule at GMHS, you will need to complete the GMHS Modified Schedule Agreement.
- Purchase textbooks and/or other required course materials
- Attend class!
For further information, visit https://www.waketech.edu/admissions-aid/career-and-college-promise.
Is CCP for me?
Community College, Military or Career
Four year college/universities In-State
Four year college/universities Out-of-State