Wake County Schools has adopted EL Education for all students in grades 3-5.
Green Elementary School has also adopted EL Education for students in grades K-2.
What Principles Underlie the K-5 Language Arts Curriculum?
- Equity Matters
- Substantive content matters
- Curriculum is a System
- Students excel in diverse and inclusive settings
- English language learners need their assets honored and their needs supported
- Conversation cues promote student thinking, collaboration, and respect
- Students own their learning
- Families and guardians are partners
- Curriculum as powerful professional development
How does EL Education’s curriculum address Common Core State Standards for literacy?
EL Education’s curriculum was created to teach the Common Core literacy standards with a fully content-integrated approach, recognizing as well that the content students acquire is itself a steppingstone to full literacy.
Click the link above for information about EL education in grades 3-5.