Rising Kindergarten Family Information
Ready-Set-Kindergarten! We are so excited to support your family as your child makes their leap into school! You may find the information below helpful. Be sure to browse through the information, especially the links for more support. We have additional resources at the bottome of this page as well!
Hilburn PreK-8 Academy
- Address: 7100 Hilburn Drive, Raleigh NC 27603
- Main Phone Line: 919-571-6800
- Fax Number: 919-626-4450
- School Website: http://wcpss.net/hilburnacademy
2018 – 2019 School Hours
- Students Arrive 7:45 – 8:10 AM
- School Day Start 8:15 AM
- Students Dismiss at 3:00 PM
- After 2:30 PM, students must be picked up in carpool – no early checkouts.
Popsicles & Play Dates for Rising Kindergarteners and their Families
- Our PTA will host a Kindergarten Playdate on August 8, 2019 from 5:30 - 7:00 pm, stay connected for more information!
Kindergarten Staggered Entry
- August 26th 27th, 28th, and 29th – Students will come in small groups for one of the first four days. Staggered Entry Dates were passed out at Kindergarten Orientation and will be mailed to families not in attendance in August.
- Kindergarten “Meet the Teacher” – Friday, August 30, 2019: Families & students can “drop in” to meet their assigned Kindergarten teacher from 1-2pm.
- First Day of Kindergarten for ALL Kinder Students – Tues., Sept. 3, 2019.
- Bus Schedule Link -Check the website in August for posted bus routes.
- “Here Comes the Bus App:” https://www.wcpss.net/herecomesthebus
- District Code: 67500
- Immunization Information: https://www.wcpss.net//site/Default.aspx?PageID=166
- Kindergarten Health Assessment : https://www.wcpss.net/domain/56
- Immunization Forms and Kindergarten Health Assessments must be turned in by September 25th, 2018 or students will be excluded from school.
- Hilburn PTA Information: https://www.hilburnacademypta.com/
- If your student will be using carpool throughout the year, please sign up for a carpool number. (Carpool numbers will be available at the front office, but also at all of our Beginning of the Year Events Including: Popsicles on the Playground, each day during Kindergarten Staggered Entry, and Kindergarten “Meet the Teacher.”)
- If your kindergarten student has an older sibling at Hilburn, the whole family will use the same carpool number already being used.
- 1702 Medication Form: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/167
- A parent must bring the medication to school and sign the medication into the office (DO NOT send medications in with the child)
- Medications must be in their original containers with the prescription label
- Monthly Cafeteria Menus: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1847
- Information on Establishing a WCPSS Lunch Account for Your Child: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1848
- Online School Lunch Link: www.myschoolbucks.com
- Free and Reduced Lunch Forms: https://www.wcpss.net/Page/1849
- Lunch Prices: **Breakfast: Elementary = $1.25 **Lunch: Elementary = $2.55
Before School Care
- Hilburn does not offer Before School Care on campus
After School Program
- Hilburn offers After School Care through an in-house program: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/8324
- More information will be available for 2018-2019 in late July.
Stay Connected with us Digitally and on Social Media
- Hilburn Pre-K8 STEAM Academy
- Follow us on Twitter: @HilburnAcademy
- Like us on our PTA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HilburnAcademy
Like us on our PTA Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/hilburnpta
Rising Kindergarten Orientation Powerpoint
Book Titles for Home Reading