Why BYOD? Why Now?...
BYOD means students bring their own devices to school for educational purposes. In the classroom, students will use devices responsibly, and only with the permission and direction of the teacher or other staff member.
Of course, technology alone will not improve learning— when combined with the right instruction from skilled staff, amazing things can happen. The increased use of technology in the classrooms will increase student success today, and for the future.
Here’s why personally owned devices work best:
- Students are usually experts with the device they have, and customize it to their learning needs.
- Students can use it to learn anytime, anywhere.
- Students can collaborate with their peers after school, about their school work.
- Student-owned devices are typically more up-to-date than those schools provide.
- School-owned devices are expensive and can be hard to sustain.