University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
June 18, 2018 - August 10, 2018
To be considered for the Young Innovators Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade at the time your application is submitted.
- Able to participate in the full 8-weeks, which will run from June 18 through August 10, 2018. If you have questions about our absence policy please contact Mieke Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must be able to arrange your own transportation to and from campus Monday-Friday throughout the duration of the program. While we encourage students from across North Carolina to apply, if you are not within commuting distance, you must be able to arrange your own living accommodations for the summer. If you have questions about transportation and accommodations please contact Mieke Lynch at email@example.com.
North Carolina School of Math and Science
Mrs. Mallard and Mr. Greene will host an info session on December 19, 2017, during B lunch in room 2220 for students interested in applying for Summer Ventures in Science and Math.
- Rising high school juniors or seniors who have not already participated in Summer Ventures in Science and Mathematics.
- Students whose custodial parent or guardian lives in North Carolina as of December 1, 2017.
- Students with proven academic ability, motivation in STEM fields of study, and emotional maturity.
- Students may apply to both Summer Ventures and Governor’s School, but they must choose one if accepted to both programs.
- Students may apply to both Summer Ventures and North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics (NCSSM). Students must choose between Summer Ventures or the NCSSM residential program if accepted to both. NCSSM Online students can attend Summer Ventures.
- A student on the NCSSM residential waiting list who is later accepted may attend Summer Ventures.