Rolesville High School Attendance & Tardy Policies - Under Review
Coming to school every day, ready to learn, is important for your child's success -- and it's required by state law for children between the ages of 7 and 16.
Excused absences include:
- illness or injury
- a death in the family
- health care appointments
- court appearances
- religious observance
- natural disasters
- outside educational opportunities (you'll need to complete this form in advance)
You'll need to provide a note within two days of your child's return to school or the absences will be recorded as unexcused. Your principal or teachers will notify you if there are three or more unexcused absences, and will work with you and your child if there is a concern that absences are becoming excessive.
Your child will need to make up all work he or she missed, as scheduled by the teacher.
For more information, review Board Policy 6000: Attendance.
Tardies: Classroom instruction is key to student success. As such, students are expected to be in their assigned classes at the start of each period. Tardies will be tracked by period and violations will apply as such. Students who fail to be in their assigned classroom at the sound of the bell will have the following consequences:
- 1st Violation – Warning at Tardy Table
- 2nd Violation – Warning at Tardy Table
- 3rd Violation – Warning at Tardy Table & Parent Contact by Classroom Teacher (must be by phone)
- 4th Violation – 1 period ISS & Parent Contact by Classroom Teacher (email or phone)
- 5th Violation – 1 period ISS & Parent Contact by Classroom Teacher (email or phone)
- 6th Violation – 1 period ISS & Parent Contact by Classroom Teacher (email or phone)
- 7th Violation – 1 day ISS (Tardy table sweeper forward infraction to student’s administrator)
- 8th Violation – 2 days ISS & Parent Contact by student’s administrator
- Additional Violations - Administrator Referral: Tardy table sweeper forward infraction to student’s admin
*Additional consequences might include revocation of lunch passes, revocation of parking pass, suspension from athletics teams, etc.