Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Mission Statement: The purpose of implementing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) at Centennial Campus Magnet Middle School is to allow for an accessible and practical avenue to enhance student inquiry through the fostering of self-motivated learning and academic ownership.
BYOD Technology Vision:
High Student Achievement
Technology is a tool that can be used in combination with best practices to engage students and increase academic performance. Technology can be used to promote critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, creativity, and self-directed learning in all content areas.
- Every student will graduate from high school.
- Students are equipped to be globally competitive in the workplace and higher education.
- Students will create a digital portfolio to showcase their critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, and higher-order thinking skills.
21st Century Technology Skills
Students need to be technologically literate and skilled in order to be globally competitive in the 21st Century. Students also need to be digital citizens that use technology appropriately and safely. Students will use a variety of digital tools, devices, and software to conduct research, collaborate, and produce educational product.
- Students will use problem solving, creativity, and collaboration to create innovative products using technology.
- Students will use technology ethically and safely.
Teachers, administrators, and support staff will improve their professional practices by engaging in professional development. Teachers will promote and model technological skills and appropriate usage of technology and information. Most importantly, teachers will use their knowledge and skills to create and deliver engaging learning activities that enhance and deepen learning experiences.
- Teachers use their subject matter knowledge and technology to facilitate engaging learning experiences that advance and enrich student learning.
- Staff members will participate in ongoing technology integration professional development.
- Teachers will develop technology-rich learning environments that enable students to be actively engaged and self-directed.
Technology has advanced aggressively over the past decade. The infrastructure of our school needs to be upgraded to be able to facilitate the needs of the 21st-century student, curriculum, teaching pedagogy, and learning environment. Most importantly, digital devices, computer technology, and technology resources should be made available for all students to access.
- Implement the WCPSS Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program.
- Acquire new hardware and software to facilitate a 1:1 student to device ratio.