As school counselors, we are your child's advocate. This means that we also work closely with you to ensure student success. Trojan parent, you are a valued school stakeholder. Without your support, it can be challenging for students to utilize their resources. The hope is that "For Parents" will assist you in accessing resources that you can encourage your child to participate in. Or, just become enlightened about real teen issues to be aware of. Remember, "We're Better Together."
Garner Magnet High School Counseling and Student Services
- What do I do if I believe my student is struggling?
- ¿Qué hago sí creo que mi hijo está luchando?
- How can I prevent my child from dropping out?
- What services do the GMHS SAP Counselor & Social Worker provide?
- Are there additional Tutoring and Study Skills resources?
- What clubs are offered at GMHS?
- What summer opportunities are available for my child?
- Are there college scholarships available for my child?
- Local Community Mentoring Programs
- Raleigh Teen Outreach Program
- CAPS: Raleigh Community After-School Program
- Garner Area Community Resources
- Free Tutoring and Homework Help at the WELL
- Public Health Center Resources
- Teens & Stress
- Teens & Anger
- Teens & Conflict Resolution
- Five Things to Know About Adolescents' Brain Development and Substance Use
- Parent Volunteering