Homework at Green
Homework is an important part of the educational experience. With parental guidance, students should make every effort to complete homework to practice skills learned in the classroom and foster responsibility and independence. When appropriate, homework may involve parent support.
- To reinforce the curriculum
- To provide independent practice
- To introduce/explore new concepts
- To review and strengthen new skills
- To teach responsibility, independence and self-direction
Kindergarten: 20 minutes, including daily reading
- 1st: 20 minutes, including daily reading
- 2nd: 20 minutes, including daily reading
- 3rd: Up to 50 minutes of daily homework
- 4th: Up to 50 minutes of daily homework
- 5th: Up to 50 minutes of daily homework
Reading is obviously a critical skill for all children and we strongly encourage all parents to continue to read with their child each day to help them practice. Reading aloud to children is a wonderful research based strategy that promotes improved literacy skills, creates a bond between parent and child and is just plain FUN!