Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
Davis Drive Middle School will work collaboratively as a community to prepare students to be highly effective communicators, critical thinkers, and innovators in a complex and changing world.
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
- Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
- The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
- The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
- We provide quality instruction in a safe environment that is rigorous, enriching, and collaborative to advance student learning and achievement.
- We expect students, staff, and parents to model integrity, respect, responsibility, and to support our commitment to excellence.
- We recognize that children have different needs and are committed to ensuring all are challenged to reach their full potential regardless of socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
- We provide learning opportunities which allow studetns to collaborage, create, communicate, and think critically.
- We use our Professional Learning Teams, along with professional development, to promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, academic risk-taking and innovation focused on student growth.
- We encourage parent and community engagement to foster a shared responsibility for students to grow and be successful academically, socially, and emotionally.