Early College Application Process
Wake STEM Early College is an application only school. More information on how to apply is below.
You will need time to submit a complete Early College application. The application includes a student-written essay for each school, recommendations from the ELA teacher, the math teacher and a school administrator or school counselor, plus two years of prior grades, current grades, and two years of prior standardized test scores.
- The application period begins on Oct. 15 and ends on Dec. 14, 2021. Applications are not first-come, first-served.
- If you are not already enrolled, you need to enroll in your base school for your address. Find your base school.
- You can start your enrollment forms online at wcpss.net/enroll
- Once enrolled, create your parent account at earlycolleges.wcpss.net/apply. You must have an active student ID number to create an account.
- You will complete your application in the parent account. You may apply to any early collegel for which you are eligible.
- You will be notified of the results in mid-February 2022. View Early College selection priorities.
- If you are selected you will be automatically assigned to that school. If you are not selected, you will be placed on a non-numeric waiting list, known as an applicant pool, for your first-choice school only.
Information About Magnet and Early College Applications
- You may apply to both Early Colleges and magnet and year-round schools.
- The Early College application will be processed first.
- If the student is selected for the Early College, the student will be assigned to the Early College and the magnet/year-round applicaton will not be processed.
- If the student is not selected for the Early College, the student will be assigend to the applicant pool (a non-numeric waiting list) for the Early College and the magnet/year-round application will be processed.
- You may be seated at your first choice magnet school and that would be your new assigned school.
- If not, it is possible to be placed in the applicant pool for both your first choice Early College and your first choice magnet/year-round school. You will be notified if you receive a seat at either.
- Applicant pools will be processed in the spring to fill any vacant seats.