Ready to Learn Program- Services are available in-person and virtually. Virtual services are limited.
Facts about Ready to Learn:
This free program is available for young children 18 months through age 5 (before they are Kindergarten eligible) and their families who are residents of Wake County.
The program provides an opportunity for parents/caregivers to interact with their children in activities that are planned and initiated by a Ready to Learn Facilitator. Activities are designed to promote healthy development across all developmental areas including social skills, language skills, motor skills, and conceptual knowledge. A further purpose is to increase the capacity of families to serve as the primary nurturers, teachers, and advocates thus ensuring their child's future school success. Parents learn strategies that they can use to continue to promote learning and development in a fun and engaging manner with their children at home.
Services may include:
- Parent-Child Activities
- Play Groups for Parents and Children Together
- “Getting Ready for Kindergarten” Activities
- Developmental Screenings
- Parent Education
- Referrals to Community Programs & Agencies
In-person services are available at:
- Briarcliff Elementary, 1220 Pond Street, Cary
- Bugg Elementary, 825 Cooper Road, Raleigh
- Lynn Road Elementary, 1601 Lynn Road, Raleigh
- Vandora Springs Elementary, 1300 Vandora Springs Road, Garner
- Washington Elementary, 1000 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh
If you are interested in receiving an application, please email email@example.com
For general information about Ready to Learn programs, contact Elizabeth Grannis 919-250-4750 x26047 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Para información en Español/SPANISH INFORMATION LINE: 919-856-7960 x26615 Email- email@example.com