Return to Headlines

Important update for families

Millbrook Magnet High School families,


First, know that all students are safe. 


To keep you informed, I wanted to let you know that a student set off a firecracker in a hallway at about 10:35 a.m. today. 


No one was harmed, but the noise did frighten some students and staff in the hall, as well as students who were transitioning to classes.


Some teachers had students shelter in their classrooms while they waited to determine what happened. 


Administrators on duty during transition near where it occurred quickly identified it as a firecracker. Administrators announced over the intercom that the situation was under control and school operations remained normal. 


We are working with WCPSS Security to determine who was responsible for setting off the firecracker.


Please remind your students that fireworks or any other incendiary device are strictly forbidden on campus. Students who bring or ignite fireworks on school property will be disciplined in accordance with WCPSS policies.


If you have any questions or concerns, call the office at 919-850-8787. 


Thank you for your continued support of our school.