Deadline for schedule appeals is 5 p.m., Sept. 1
The PowerSchool portal will reopen on the afternoon of Thursday, August 10. At this time, students and parents will be able to access tentative schedules for the 2023-2024 school year. Please keep in mind the following as you review these tentative schedules:
- You should check your schedule daily in PowerSchool through the end of the first week of classes (Friday, September 1).
- Schedules will continue to change based on a variety of factors as we begin the school year.
- Counselors will continue to work on filling holes in schedules and balancing class size.
- As a reminder, we are not considering requests that are “elective shopping” as most of our electives are at capacity and these changes were made available to students before the end of last school year.
- No phone calls or emails will be accepted regarding schedule changes! Counselors will reach out if additional information is needed.
Here are details regarding this year’s Schedule Appeal process:
- All appeals should be filed by Friday, September 1 at 5 p.m.
- All appeals should be requested via the Google Form
- The form should be used to let us know if you have a hole in your schedule, if you have more than one course in an assigned period, or if you are requesting a change in your courses.
- AP/IB courses may not be dropped unless there is medical documentation to support the request.
- Changes will NOT be considered if any of the following situations occur:
1) It makes a class exceed the stated class capacity.
2) It causes the number enrolled in a class to fall below fifteen.
3) It is a request to drop a career/technical class which completes a sequence.
4) It is a request to change a teacher.
5) It is a request to drop an AP/IB course.
6) It is a request to add a course that was not on your course request list.
- All changes are final. There will be no additional opportunity for changes.
Students will be notified that their request has been approved/denied by accessing a new schedule in PowerSchool by our Assistant Principal of Instruction, Kathleen Wit.
Please continue to check your schedules in PowerSchool daily, as they will continue to change as we work to meet the needs of all students and families.
Student Last Names/Assigned Counselor: