Weekly Update (August 12, 2019)
Carpool Concerns: In an effort to ensure the safety and efficiency of our carpool process, we ask that you follow these procedures:
- Please pull forward...do not leave gaps between cars, especially during afternoon pickup. These gaps are increasing the length and time of the carpool line. Be aware that many of our families pick up students and then have to return to work, so all efforts to increase the efficiency of the carpool line in the afternoon is greatly appreciated.
- Unless you are coming into the building, do not pull into a parking spot and expect your student to walk across the carpool lane. We need all parents to circle around and drop off/pick up at the top of the carpool lane.
- Be sure you look to your left before you pull away from the carpool lane as other cars may be traveling in the thru-lane.
- Do not drop off students before 6:45 AM. There are no staff members to supervise students prior to that time and the doors to the school do not open until 6:45 AM.
Open House is this Thursday: All families are invited to our 2019 Meet the Teacher Open House on Thursday, August 15 from 6:30-8:00 PM. We will have a brief introduction in the cafeteria and then you will have the chance to run through your student’s schedule and spend a few minutes with each teacher.
Wake Tech Information Session: For families of juniors, we are also hosting a parent orientation for Wake Tech from 6:00-6:30 PM on Thursday, August 15 in the media center.
Other Upcoming Dates:
- August 30: Interim Progress Reports Sent Home
- August 30: Picture Day (underclassmen)
- September 2: Holiday
- September 12: Senior Night--come hear a presentation about the college application process, financial aid, scholarships, etc.
- September 20: Interim Progress Reports Sent Home
- September 21: School Beautification Day--come spend a Saturday morning helping us spruce up the exterior of the school. We will be pulling weeds, spreading mulch, and planting.
- September 30: No School (Teacher Workday)