WHAT’S NEW IN PTSA
About VMCCA PTSA
The VMCCA PTSA mission is to see every Vernon Malone College and Career Academy High School student achieve success and reach their potential by supporting its students, families, staff and facility.
The Vernon Malone College and Career Academy PTSA is a non profit 501c(3) tax-exempt organization. All donations will be used to support the many valuable programs at VMCCA, benefiting all of our students, parents, and staff.
Why join VMCCA PTSA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child and their school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
● Get Connected. The PTSA's monthly meetings offer an opportunity to connect with school events and make Vernon Malone a better place to work and learn.
● Tap into a Network. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
● Watch Your Community Grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child, their classmates, and their teachers.
● Speak Up. PTSA can be a way for you to make change at your child’s school, to improve learning experience for all students, and directly improve the futures of your child and their classmates.
● Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
● Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education, volunteer work, and community outreach.
● Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTSA membership, including discounts and offers from benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more. The national PTA website has a full list of benefit providers.
Become a PTSA member and join more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their school and community—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.