Vernon Malone College and Career Academy is a collaborative endeavor between the Wake County Public School System, Wake Technical Community College and Wake County Government. Students at Vernon Malone College and Career Academy will be able to complete studies in one of the six Career & Technical Education (CTE) programs as part of their high school graduation credits.
Through an academic foundation, paired with career-informed courses and work-based learning experiences, graduates of Vernon Malone College and Career Academy will be prepared to enter the workforce, continue on to a four-year university, or apply their earned credits towards an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, certificate or diploma program at Wake Technical Community College in areas such as Applied Engineering & Technologies, Business & Public Services Technologies, Computer Technologies and Health Sciences.
Unique Features include:
- Smaller average class sizes
- Highly qualified staff
- Nurturing environment for learning
- Facility designed for collaboration
- Project Based Learning projects infused into curriculum
- SAVE up to $5,800 (includes tuition and fees for program of study, year 13 and 5th period courses)
- Earn up to 65* FREE college credits (through program classes, enrolling in Year 13 and opting for 5th Period)
- Graduate with high school diploma AND college certificate AND work experience!
- >95% Graduation Rate since 2016