Welcome Message from Mrs. Brunson, Principal
Welcome to Sycamore Creek Elementary School for the 2022-2023 school year! The Sycamore Creek staff members and I are so excited to partner with your family to ensure that all learners will succeed and grow. We are dedicated to “Love All. Serve All. Challenge All.” Our School Improvement Plan is focused on meeting the social emotional needs of students, providing multi-tiered instructional systems and supports, and increasing family engagement. Thank you in advance for working with us to make this an outstanding year at Sycamore Creek Elementary School where “Our Crocs Rock”!
Sycamore Creek Elementary School will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
At Sycamore Creek Elementary School, we will create an equitable learning community where every student is loved, challenged, and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning every day.
Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous and meaningful learning each day.
• Every student is expected to learn, grow and succeed while we eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race and ethnicity.
• Well-supported, highly effective and dedicated principals, teachers and staff are essential to success for all students.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
• The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.