Poe Mission, Vision,Values, and Core Beliefs
Poe GT/AIG Basics Magnet Elementary School will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators and critical thinkers.
Poe GT/AIG Basics Magnet Elementary students become lifelong learners, while growing and excelling in academic achievement, attaining physical and emotional well-being, and exploring artistic expression.
• Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged and engaged in relevant, rigorous, and meaningful learning each day.
• Every student is expected to learn, grow, and succeed while we will eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
• Well-supported, highly effective, and dedicated principals, teachers, and staff are essential to success for all students.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff, while sustaining best practices, will promote and support a culture of continuous improvement, risk-taking, and innovation that results in a high-performing organization focused on student achievement.
• The Board of Education, superintendent, and all staff value a diverse school community that is inviting, respectful, inclusive, flexible, and supportive.
• The Wake County residents value a strong public school system and will partner to provide the support and resources to fully realize our shared vision, accomplish the mission, and sustain our core beliefs.
• We will provide targeted and engaging learning opportunities designed to meet the needs of every student.
• We will use current data as a performance measurement to focus on and respond to student learning.
• We will seek and implement strategies to meaningfully involve parents and the community in the education of our children.
• We will support and challenge each other as colleagues to promote ongoing professional growth within ourselves and educational growth in our students.
• We will seek understanding of the comprehensive needs of our children and implement tools to address them.
• We will model innovation and risk-taking while focusing on student achievement.