Clubs and Organizations
The Fall 2022 application window for new clubs is now closed. New club submissions will begin at the beginning of 2nd semester.
Ms. Harris is the Administrator overseeing clubs and organizations. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clubs at Athens Drive
Get information about current clubs: 2022-2023 Club List
Starting a New Club
In order to begin a new club at Athens Drive, you must do the following:
- Read carefully the information under club/organization guidelines.
- Find a faculty member to serve as an advisor.
- Submit New Club/Organization Application.
*Applications will be reviewed by Ms. Harris. You will be notified if your club is approved or denied. New clubs are not permitted to meet prior to receiving notification of approval from Ms. Harris.
Per WCPSS Board Policy, it is important to note that student clubs and organizations are prohibited from fundraising. For the purpose of student clubs/organizations, fundraisers are defined as any activity that involves members of our student body and/or the student club in which the purpose is to gather monetary funds for the said club and/or school. Clubs requesting approval for a service project or activity must get approval from Ms. Harris and complete the necessary forms if approved.
All clubs/organizations are required to have a faculty advisor. Below are some of the basic responsibilities that faculty members assume as an advisor:
- Be present during meetings and other club/organization-sanctioned events.
- Monitor the process for selecting club officers.
- Assist officers in maintaining order by supervising meetings and activities.
- Ensure that appropriate fund-collection and accounting procedures are followed once approved.
- Ensure that all school-wide expectations are met by club members and officers.
- Approve and proof any material that is going to be displayed in the hallways or online.