Welcome New Families!
Kindergarten Registration Opens on October 15th, 2021
Here is how to enroll in our school district. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Assignment online or at 919-431-7333.
Step 1: Find Your Base School
In Wake County, students are assigned to a base elementary, middle, and high school for their home address. Find your base school using our address look-up tool. Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register for your base school.
Step 2: Register Online
Need technical support? Contact PowerSchool Registration support online or at 866-434-6276.
International families can register at the Center for International Enrollment (International Enrollment Information).
- Translation services are available if needed.
Center for International Enrollment:
5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518
Phone: (919) 533-7169
Step 3: Required Paperwork
Your application will remain in "pending status" until the correct required paperwork is received.
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates on the Wake County Register of Deeds website.
- When schools fully re-open, we will need to see your child’s original birth certificate in person. Time is TBD.
- A photo ID of the parent or legal custodian
- Your child's immunization record
- Any court ordered custody documents signed by a judge (if applicable)
- Proof of your Wake County address:
- Current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name that is no more than 30 days old
- Newly signed lease that is no more than 60 days old OR
- Settlement Statement
Note: Olive Chapel Elementary is currently a capped school, therefore offer to purchase agreements cannot be accepted. If you have NOT moved, you cannot enroll in your FUTURE base school.
Step 4: Enrollment
In order to finalize the registration process, school staff will review your submission and contact you with the next steps. Please wait for information regarding the completion of the enrollment process. The expected response time is within 2 weeks.
Step 5: School Assignment
For the 2021-2022 school year, Olive Chapel Elementary is fully capped and there is a waitlist for all grade levels. Your student will be assigned to a WCPSS overflow school and he/she will reamin on the OCE wait-list unitl a space becomes available.
Overflow: Turner Creek ES: If the base Middle School listed is Lufkin Road Middle, your overflow school will be Turner Creek Elementary.
Overflow: Salem ES: If the base Middle School listed is Apex Friendship Middle, your overflow school will be Salem Elementary.
Step 6: Final Paperwork → Submit proof of immunizations and NC Health Assessment
State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school.
You or your medical provider must provide a completed NC Health Assessment Form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. NC Health Assessment Forms are available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department.
State law requires these vaccinations before a student enters Kindergarten and 7th grade.