Mission: The purpose of Youth Leadership Rolesville is to conduct an annual training program for high school students who have demonstrated leadership abilities which will develop a group of informed, committed and competent youth motivated to learn more about our community, to assume leadership roles in our schools, and to become more involved in our civic, cultural, economic development, and philanthropic organizations and groups.
Goals: The goal of our youth program is that every young leader in Rolesville will be able to:
- Develop leadership skills through a strong curriculum taught by skilled facilitators
- Gain an awareness of the need for community service, civic participation, and philanthropy
- Increase familiarity with areas in the community beyond their immediate neighborhood and school
- Interact with adult leaders in business, non-profits and public sectors
- Acquire a network of adult and youth leaders in the community, which can form an excellent basis for their success in the work and college world
Qualifications: All applicants must:
- Attend Rolesville High School
- Be rising sophomores, juniors or seniors
- Have a minimum of a 2.0 (or C) grade point average
- Complete a Youth Leadership Application and interview with a panel
- Provide three references:(2) from school and (1) from a community member. These references may be from any teacher, counselor, principal, or other community member.