Hilburn Virtual Academy
Hilburn Academy, along with all WCPSS Schools, will offer a Virtual Academy for families interested in 100% online instruction regardless of other possibilities. Hilburn Virtual Academy students will be held to the same curricular and instructional policies as their Plan B or Plan C peers. Virtual Academy differs from Plan B and Plan C, as these students will be assigned with their Virtual Academy teacher regardless of changes in attendance or plans for other students.
- Currently, 48% of our families have chosen Virtual Academy
- Families will have an extended opportunity to sign up for Virtual Academy from July 27-July 29.
- Our top priority is to keep as many students with Hilburn Teachers for Virtual Academy. Families will receive information about Virtual Academy Teacher assignments on Friday, August 14, 2020.
- The first two weeks of school (August 17-August 28) will be used to provide orientations, training, and overview plans for students and families. Students will receive assignments this week; however, teachers will not teach new content.
- Our Hilburn Virtual Academy website is #comingsoon!
If you are interested in learning more, visit the homepage for WCPSS Virtual Academy here: https://www.wcpss.net/domain/17137.
**If your family enrolled in Virtual Academy, but wishes to unenroll, you may do so during the next Virtual Academy registration period, July 27-July 29. Or, you may notify our school by contacting Mrs. Walker, Mrs. Burnette, or Mrs. Sturdivant.