What's on this page
- Navigate a Class - Stream
- Navigate a Class - Classwork
- Submit an Assignment - View an assignment
- Submit an Assignment - Turn in an assignment
- Join a Class in Google Classroom - Teacher shared a join code
- Join a Class in Google Classroom - Teacher sent an email invite
- Join a Class in Google Classroom - Accept in Google Classroom
- Open Google Classroom
- Unsubmit an assignment
Navigate a Class
Stream displays all activity for the class. This may include questions, assignments, class materials or quizzes.
Classwork displays all activities that the teacher has posted.
1. View Your Work: View all completed or uncompleted assignments.
2. Meet: Meet virtually with your class. Your teacher must enable this feature.
3. Google Calendar: Due dates will appear on the calendar.
4. Class Drive folder: A folder is created in your Google Drive for each of your classes. Class documents are stored here.
Submit an Assignment
View an assignment
1. Click Assignment you want to work on.
2. Click View assignment
- Provided directions or links to resources you may need will appear.
- Post private comments that can only be viewed by your teacher.
- If turned on by your teacher, you can post class comments that the entire class can view.
Turn in an assignment
1. Click + Add or create.
- You can upload an existing file from your Google Drive, add a link to a website or upload a file from your computer.
- You can also create a new Google document or drawing.
2. Click Turn In when your work is complete.
3. Click Turn in again to confirm. Once an assignment is turned in, you cannot access it unless your teacher returns it to you or you click Unsubmit.
Join a Class in Google Classroom
Your teacher can add you to a class in Google Classroom or your teacher can invite you by sharing a join code or by sending an invite to your WCPSS student email.
Teacher shared a join code
1. Open Google Classroom.
2. In upper-right corner, click addition symbol.
3. Click Join class.
4. Enter provided code.
5. Click Join.
Teacher sent an email invite
Email invites can be accepted from the student’s WCPSS email or in Google Classroom. Not all elementary students have WCPSS email enabled.
Accept from WCPSS student email
1. In your WCPSS email, open message from your teacher.
2. Click Join.
Accept in Google Classroom
1. The class tile will appear on the home screen in Google Classroom.
2. Click Join.