Volunteers for the 2016-2017 School YearReactivation for Continuing Volunteers
· All continuing volunteers approved for the 2016-2017 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2016. Volunteers may go to any WCPSS site and register through the intranet.After October 31, 2016, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check.
· The volunteer system will be open daily for reactivation/registration.
· From November 2, 2016, through April 29, 2017, the volunteer system will be open on Mondays only, from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
· The volunteer system will reopen 24 hours a day from May 2, 2016 through June 13, 2016.
New Volunteers for 2016-2017
· Any new volunteer applicants for the 2016-2017 school year must register and have an approved criminal record check prior to engaging in volunteer work. Applicants may register at any WCPSS site through the intranet.Applicants will be notified by email once their application has been approved or approved to drive. Applicants who are not approved will receive notice from Employee Relations.
· The volunteer system will be open daily for registration.
· · The volunteer system will reopen 24 hours a day from May 2, 2017 through June 13, 2017.A Summary of the Appeals Procedure
Any volunteer applicant who is denied volunteer status on the basis of his/her criminal record check has 14 days to appeal in writing through Employee Relations. This letter of appeal should explain the circumstances of the charge(s) and any mitigating factors that the applicant believes should be considered. The applicant will be notified in writing of the response. Appeals should be addressed to Anthony Manzo, Employee Relations, Wake County Public School System, 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary, NC 27518.