As the first International Baccalaureate/Primary Years Programme in North Carolina, Farmington Woods Magnet Elementary connects students to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study through a focus on the development of international mindedness and building student inquiry while preparing students to be leaders and life-long learners.
Students at Farmington Woods develop important 21st century skills through learning experiences that enhance the development of their creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking skills. The IB Framework encompasses transdisciplinary learning across all areas of learning. Teachers collaborate to build learning experiences which foster cultural understanding and global connections to curriculum content and students have opportunities to learn Spanish and/or Mandarin language. Further, students learn through the IB program the importance of taking action to make a difference for someone else locally or globally.
Farmington Woods program and student success has been affirmed through national, state and local recognition and partnerships including:
· 2016-2018 National Magnet School of Excellence
· Confucius Institute “Confucius Classroom” Grant Award
· Positive Behavior and Intervention Support Exemplar School-NCDPI state recognition
· North Carolina Global Schools Network Member
· Worldview Developing Global Educators Partner School
· NC PTA Reflections Contest State Student Winner in Visual Arts and Music
· Wake County United Arts Council School Arts Project Grant- “How We Arts-press Ourselves”
· Advocates for Health and Action Brains and Bodies Silver Medal Award
· FWES Garden Harvest Partner with Katie's Krops donations to Dorcas Crisis Center
· Read a Book Get a Book literacy partner with Cary Rotary International