DRIVER ED. UPDATES
2023/24 Driver Education 2nd semester class and registration information
- Registration for spring semester classes will open on January 16th . Please refer to www.jordandriving.com for more registration updates.
- Classes will be filled on a 1st come basis. Each class will automatically close once 35 students have registered and paid the $65 registration fee
- Registration will be done online at www.jordandriving.com
- In order to register for a class, students must be 14 ½ prior to the 1st day of the class they would like to take.
- Classes will be held after school in the Media Center from 2:30 to 5:30. Attendance is mandatory for all classes for the entire class time. If you cannot attend all class sessions, please do not register for the class.
- As of January 22, 2024: All Spring after school Driver Education classes are fully enrolled. You can monitor the school's registration page via www.jordandriving.com ln the rare event a seat opens.
- Summer Driver Education class dates and registration information will be posted in mid-March. Summer class registration will open at the beginning of April
- The current waiting period between the completion of the class and in the car, instruction is a little over 6 months. Jordan Driving School is currently driving students who took the class in July 2023
Spring Classes offered
- February 5-9, 12-16, 2024
- March 4-8, 12-15, 18, 2024
- April 8,9,11,12,15-19,22, 2024
- May 6-10, 13-17, 2024
If you have questions, contact Chip Bunn (Panther Creek Driver Education Lead Teacher) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the current time, Behind the Wheel (BTW) will take place at Panther Creek 6 months after the classroom session concludes. Students are scheduled for BTW according to when the class was completed and then by age within each class. At the current time the waiting period between the completion of the class and driving is approx. 6 ½ months. As of Dec. 19th 2023 Jordan Driving School is driving students who took the class in June 2023
- Once BTW concludes, the driver will issue a Certificate of Completion. Please review it carefully for correct spelling and all other information BEFORE you leave the lesson.
- DMV Eligibility Certificates (DEC) are issued through the student services office and can be picked up by the student or/parent. You will need to show your copy of the certificate of completion referenced above.
- PRIVATE BTW Instruction: will be self-funded and info is available or paperwork can be requested by your driving school from JDS per directions here: In-Out-Transfers
Process for Students to receive a Driver’s Eligibility Certificate:
- Email the following items to Christina Erexson; email: email@example.com
- Email from NCDMV confirming the date/time of the appointment
- Scanned copy of the Completed Driver’s Education Certificate
- Proof of address if the current address is different than the one listed on the Driver’s Education Certificate or the address listed in PowerSchool
- Once we obtain the documents above via email, you will receive an email confirming When you can pick up your driver's eligibility certificate.
- DMV contact Christina Erexson: phone number: 919.463.8656 ext. 25214; email: firstname.lastname@example.org