Why: To foster a love for reading while building a student-mentor relationship.
What: Volunteer to read with a WCPSS student 30 minutes a week.
- Read one-on-one with Kindergarten-3rd grade students
- A time for students to have fun with books!
- “Heroes Read” students receive a book to take home each week
- Volunteer training is provided!
Where: Millbrook Environmental Connections Magnet Elementary School's brand new Heroes Read Lounge
When: September - May of the current school year
- During school and after school hours
- “Heroes Read” takes place daily during school lunch hours and during our After Care Program (Tuesdays/Thursdays)
- Time commitment: 30-60 minutes per week
- Volunteers accepted anytime!
How: Contact Molly Groves (Site Coordinator)