Why: To foster a love for reading while building a student-mentor relationship.
What: Volunteer 30 minutes a week to read with a WCPSS student.
- Read one-on-one with Kindergarten-3rd grade students
- A time for students to have fun with books!
- “Heroes Read” students receive books twice a month for their home libraries
- Volunteer training is provided!
Where: Millbrook Environmental Connections Magnet Elementary School's brand new Heroes Read Lounge
When: September 2018-May 2019
- During school and after school hours
- “Heroes Read” takes place during school lunch hours (Wednesdays and Fridays) and during our After Care Program (Tuesdays)
- Time commitment-30 minutes per week
- Volunteers accepted anytime!
How: Contact Molly Groves (Site Coordinator)