The Booster Program is an accademic acceleration program designed to serve overage 7th grade students who are academically capable and motivated to excel in school. Students will receive the equivalent of a year and a half of curriculum and are required to demonstrate mastery of the NC Standard Course of Study in order to enter high school after one semester.
Students must possess the motivation, a history of academic ability, and consistent attendance to qualify for this rigorous program.
- The program has a 1:15 teacher/student ration
- School Counselor designated to program
- 90 Minute Block Schedule - Primary focus on Core Classes
- Community Service Component
- Students required to wear school uniform
- Nov. 30th: Application Deadline for current 7th graders to start in the Spring
- April 30th: Application Deadline for current 7th graders to start the following Fall (instead of 8th grade at their base school)
If interested, please contact your current middle school counselor for referral information. Referrals are requested in November and April of each school year.
Contact Lauren Huber at (919) 231-5600 x27282 for other questions/information.