Wake County Public School System will provide a relevant and engaging education and will graduate students who are collaborative, creative, effective communicators, and critical thinkers
Who We Serve
River Oaks serves at-risk students who are not experiencing adequate academic success in their base schools. Students referred to River Oaks are currently failing academically or who have previously been retained. They also may demonstrate some work avoidance behaviors in their base school. Students who benefit from River Oaks have a history of building some positive relationships with adults in their schools and demonstrate a desire to improve their academic circumstances.
- Students are mildly to moderately at risk of school failure.
- Students may be one to two grade levels behind in academic subjects or have not demonstrated adequate academic growth.
- Students may have been either previously retained or at-risk of retention.
- Students are able to be redirected by teachers and the administration but may be easily distracted or off-task.
- Students have established a pattern of being able to build positive relationships with adults in school.
- Students who do not have a history of severe or aggressive behaviors.
•Note: River Oaks is not designed to accept students with severe emotional problems.