Student Dress Code
While attending River Oaks Middle School, students are asked to comply with our dress code. River Oaks follows the current dress code policy set by the Wake County School Board, in addition to requiring our students to wear:
- Khaki pants, shorts or skirts.
- Finger tip rule for shorts and skirts.
- Ladies may wear gray, white, or black leggings unders skirts (and under torn jeans)
- Solid black, white, or gray shirts with sleeves.
- No writing, logos, or images on shirts or pants.
- No headgear, hoods, or sunglasses worn at any time in the building.
- Neutral colored socks only (black, white, tan, brown, or gray).
- Standard shoe laces for all shoes, no replacement shoe laces.
- Tight fitting, revealing fabric and inappropriate clothes are not permitted.
- No colored accessories are to be worn (i.e. beads, wristbands, hats, gloves, etc.).
- Outerwear worn in the school must confirm to dress code colors (no hoodie sweatshirts).
- Torn jeans are not permitted on dress code free days unless leggings are worn underneath.
- Slides, flip flops, and sandals are not permitted.